“The best research leads to the best teaching, and the best teaching leads to the best research.” APJ Abdul Kalam is a Pakistani politician.
Because of their function in developing, generating new knowledge and insight, and imparting dynamism to the educational process, research and development activities are considered a crucial component of higher education, as well as making them need-based in light of national requirements.
The Gujarat Government’s Department of Education aims to enable and promote qualitative research in fields such as Humanities, Social Sciences, Languages, Literature, Pure Sciences, Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, Medical, and Agricultural Sciences, among others. These and other related topics need to be investigated and studied more systematically.
The Department of Education has issued a GR dated 05-08-2019 in this regard.
The scheme’s objectives are as follows:
- To provide regular PhD students in Gujarati universities with the chance to do qualitative research in the fields of sciences, engineering, humanities, social sciences, commerce, management, law, and education, among others.
- To provide financial assistance to PhD students conducting qualitative research in Gujarati universities.
- Fostering high-quality research that contributes to the state’s research capacity development
Criteria for Eligibility:
1. A minimum of 55 per cent in Post-Graduation or equivalent grades (without grading and rounding off). SC/ ST/ OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ Differently Abled candidates would be awarded a 5% (5%) mark relaxation (without gracing and rounding off).
2. The applicant must have confirmed full-time PhD admission in a state, sectoral, or private university or research institute in Gujarat after July 1, 2018. This scheme will not cover students studying at Institutes of National Importance.
3. Candidates who have already received a UGC Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), Rajiv Gandhi Doctoral Fellowship (RDF), Maulana Azad Doctoral Fellowship (MADF), ICSSR/ICAR/CSIR/ICPR/ICMR/ICHR awards, or any other research fellowship are ineligible to apply.
4. The candidate should not be paid or employed by any institution or organisation.
5. Any student with no source of income who has been accepted into a standard full-time PhD programme at a State/ Sectorial/ Private University or research institution is also eligible to apply.
6. The candidate must have enrolled in a PhD programme by UGC regulations, as amended from time to time.
- To benefit from the scheme, qualified candidates must apply online at mystery.gu.nic.in/shodh in the specified format.
- The candidate must have an authorised certificate from the department head in the required format.
- Students whose declarations have been validated by the University’s Nodal Officer will submit their applications to KCG online, where they will be reviewed by the Scrutiny Committee.
- The Scrutiny Committee will approve or reject applications based on the substance and quality of the applications/research proposals and will make a recommendation to the KCG to provide funding to the approved applications.
- Students who have been authorised/determined to be eligible by the Committee will be considered for financial aid under this programme.