Because of the coronavirus pandemic, education is one of the most affected departments, and the West Bengal Government is offering free tablets to around 9.5 lakh children studying in various West Bengal State schools. Students in class 12th of various Government schools in West Bengal State will receive free tablets to pursue their studies online under this scheme. Students enrolled in government-aided schools and madrasas will also receive free tablets. It is also stated that every secondary school will be equipped with computers, allowing for online education.
The goal of the West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2022
The scheme’s major goal is to give online education to all students who are unable to obtain it due to financial constraints. The West Bengal State Chief Minister is also delivering a slew of other incentives to the region’s citizens. Because of the forthcoming assembly elections, the government intends to release a series of expansion plans to some of West Bengal State’s top IT enterprises. The government also gave 20 suggestions for IT offices to be established in the Bengal silicon valley cluster. A 3000 crore investment would be made to provide IT amenities to the West Bengal population.
The Advantages of West Bengal’s Free Tablet Scheme 2022
- This initiative, inaugurated by West Bengal’s Chief Minister, will bring numerous benefits to the citizens. This plan will provide free tablets to around 9.5 lakh pupils.
- The facility would receive 36000 government and government-aided secondary schools.
- This initiative will benefit 14000 higher secondary schools and about 600 madrasas.
- The tabs will be offered to the students for the rest of their lives, and they will be able to receive instruction through these facilities until they graduate.
- The Chief Minister is also offering other incentives, such as a difference in dearness allowance, to State Government employees beginning in January 2021.
Criteria for Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following eligibility conditions in order to apply for the scheme:
- The applicant must be a West Bengal resident.
- A student must be enrolled in a Government School, a Government Aided School, or a Madrasah.
- The applicant must be in their final year of high school.
- The applicant’s annual income from all sources shall not exceed Rs. 200000 per year.
- All preceding examinations must have been passed by the applicant.
- Aadhar card
- School ID card
- Residence certificate
- Address proof
- Working mobile number
- Passport size photographs
- Scanned signature
West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2022 Application Procedure
A dedicated portal for the West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2022, which was established by West Bengal state Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee, has not yet been made available to the general public.