Many widowed women in the country encounter problems in living their lives as a result of the country’s poor economic situation. The government runs a Widow Pension Scheme for all such ladies. The Vidhwa Pension Yojana 2022 provides a monthly pension to eligible widow women in the country, allowing them to make a living. This scheme is only available to women living below the poverty line.
The Widow Pension Scheme’s principal goal is to give financial aid to widowed women. Following the death of their husbands, women confront a slew of financial challenges. Keeping this in mind, the government manages the widow pension system. The government provides financial help to bereaved women through the Vidhwa Pension Yojana to earn a living. Widow women will gain self-sufficiency and empowerment as a result of this programme, and their economic situation will improve as well. Thanks to this pension system, widowed women will no longer have to rely on others to meet their basic necessities.
- The advantage of this scheme will be delivered to the country’s bereaved ladies.
- Various state governments across the country are offering financial support to the country’s needy financially poor destitute widow ladies so that they can live a decent life.
- This scheme’s benefits are only accessible to qualifying candidates who are living below the poverty level.
- The sum paid by the government is transferred straight to the bank account of the beneficiary widow ladies under the Widow Pension Scheme. It is necessary for the applicant to have a bank account that is connected to Aadhaar in order to apply for this.
- Only widowed ladies will be accepted for this programme.
- Widow women should be between the ages of 18 and 60.
- If the applicant remarried after the death of her spouse, she will not be eligible for this scheme.
- If the widow’s children are not adults, or if they are adults but are unable to care for their mother, the woman will receive a pension. If a widow is not an adult, she is not entitled to the pension.
Maharashtra Widow Pension Scheme
The state government would provide financial help of Rs 600 per month to financially disadvantaged widow women in the state under this scheme. If a lady has more than one kid in a household, the family would receive Rs 900 per month as a pension under the Maharashtra Widow Pension Scheme. Under this scheme, the applicant’s annual household income cannot exceed Rs. Only after that did he qualify for the Maharashtra Widow Pension Scheme. To be eligible for this scheme, the widow must be under the age of 65. The Maharashtra government would offer a stipend of 600 rupees per month to the state’s poor indigent widow women who have no assistance under this scheme.
Rajasthan Widow Pension Scheme
The Widow Income Scheme provides a monthly pension of Rs 500 to women over the age of 18 but under the age of 55, and a monthly pension of Rs 750 to widows, divorced, or abandoned women over the age of 55 but under the age of 60. Financial help would be provided in the form of a pension of Rs. and Rs. 1000/- per month to women aged 60 and up but less than 75, and Rs. 1500/- per month to women aged 75 and up. The annual income of a household of widowed women in the state cannot exceed Rs 48000 under this scheme.
Uttar Pradesh Vidhwa Pension Scheme
The Uttar Pradesh government initiated this scheme to assist bereaved women. The state government would offer a stipend of Rs 300 per month to bereaved women in the state under this scheme. This plan will aid economically disadvantaged widow women in Uttar Pradesh between the ages of 18 and 60. The state government’s monthly stipend of Rs 300 would be directly deposited to widows’ bank accounts under the Vidhwa Pension Scheme 2022. This amount can be utilised to meet basic necessities during the day. The Uttar Pradesh Vidhwa Pension Yojana is a welfare programme run by the state of Uttar Pradesh.