The Karnataka State Government has established a programme that provides free LPG connections to its inhabitants. In addition to the LPG connection, the initiative offers participants with a twin burner gas stove with an ISI mark and two complimentary cylinders.
Allocation of funds
- Food Department, Consumer Affairs, Civil Supplies, and Legal Metrology, KBOCWWB under the Department of Social Welfare, Department of Labour, and Department of Forest Ecology and Environment would be the implementing departments on behalf of the other four participating departments, namely the Food Department, Consumer Affairs, Civil Supplies, and Legal Metrology, KBOCWWB under Department of Social Welfare, Department of Labour, and Department of Forest Ecology and Environment. Other government departments/boards/corporations interested in implementing this system should contact the Food Department.
- Depending on the number of beneficiaries designated under the individual department’s head, funds would be transmitted from each department to the implementing department — the department of food and civil supplies.
- If an applicant falls into multiple categories, consideration will be granted based on the preferences listed below.
- Worker in construction
- Food Department
- Forest Department
- Several departments transfer subsidies to the Department of Food, Civil Supplies, Consumer Affairs, and Legal Metrology on behalf of its recipients.
- The Security Deposit (SD) for the cylinder, regulator, Suraksha Hose, DGC booklet, inspection and installation charges, and first refill charge would be paid in advance to a specific gas agency by cheque/DD, which would be handed over to the gas agency by the Deputy Commissioner along with the MMABY beneficiaries each month.
- The subsequent refill prices would be paid to the gas agency as repayment for a claim made by the agency every quarter.
- Beneficiaries are chosen by a district-level selection and monitoring committee overseen by the Minister in charge of the district.
- The district-level selection and monitoring committee would be given a list of residents who do not have Ration Cards for non-gas families.
- The Member Secretary estimates the number of Phase-I FPS beneficiaries within the district using the same process that was used to compute the Phase-I objective for the district in the State.
- The Member Secretary distributes the MMABY criteria and the target list, FPS by FPS, to the committee’s MLAs in order for them to pick beneficiaries for Phase-I.
- If the MLA is unable to complete the list of Phase I beneficiaries within a week, the District Selection Committee advises that the list be completed.
- The Forest Department has finalised the list of recipients for the Fiscal Year 2017-18. As a result, the RFO would be in charge of submitting their applications into the Common Application Form.
- All Phase-I applicants must present their Aadhaar numbers at the service kiosk and show proof of a gas connection in their home.
- While completing the application, the applicant can select the agency that is present in that location.
- After the application is completed, an endorsement will be sent to Phase-I qualified recipients. This endorsement confirms the applicant’s eligibility to apply for MMABY.
The households listed below are eligible to apply for the scheme:
- PHH (Priority Household) and AAY (Antyodaya Anna Yojana) Ration Cardholders Without an LPG Connection
- All construction employees registered with the Karnataka Building and Other Construction Workers Board who do not have an LPG connection.