The government employee workplace usually is one of the most dedicated workforces and also the most underrated. There is a common misconception that the life of a government employee is least hectic, whereas, in reality, their jobs are tiresome and thankless.
As an attempt to offer due respect and recognition to the government employees, the Karnataka government launched the Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani Scheme or KASS. The Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani scheme offers health benefits to government employees who have, on more than one occasion, put their duty before personal health.
Objectives of KASS
The primary objective of the Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani scheme is to provide support to the government employees and their families hence enabling them to live a balanced life.
Through the implementation of this scheme, the employees, as well as their family members of the Karnataka government workforce, will be provided with cashless medical treatment. The state of Karnataka will provide the required support to employees and their family members during medical emergencies.
The Karnataka government will provide a boon to its employees who have worked throughout the pandemic continuously.
The budget allocation for the implementation of the Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani Scheme is set to be Rs. 250 each year.
Features of KASS
Some of the features of the Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani Scheme by the government of Karnataka are as follows:
- The transparency of the scheme can be guaranteed since it is implemented by the state government of Karnataka.
- The state cabinet approved the implementation of the KASS on the 22nd of July, 2021, concluding that the scheme will experience efficient rollout across the state of Karnataka
- Throughout the implementation of the KASS, the government employees of Karnataka, as well as their family members, will be offered cashless or free of cost medical treatments from the enlisted hospitals.
- The KASS will be of great help during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani scheme will enable its employees to lead a balanced life
- The government employees, as well as their dependents across the state of Karnataka, will be covered under this welfare scheme
The main objective of the central government as well as state government during the pandemic is to ensure the wellbeing of its citizens. The government employees have worked tirelessly and adapted to the new normal and offer the best quality of service even with limited resources so that the people of the state do not experience any difficulty or inconvenience.
For a long period of time, their hard work and effort have been neglected and need to be appreciated in order for them to stay motivated. This is the very reason why the government of Karnataka implemented the Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani Scheme.
Now, the citizens of Karnataka feel protected and secure, encouraging them to work better and put in more effort.