The West Bengal state government established the WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme to benefit the province’s scheduled caste and scheduled tribal residents. The state government’s pension programme attempts to divide pensions for its people into two categories, such as the Taposali Bandhu Pension Scheme and the Jai Johar Pension Scheme for Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST), respectively. Pension amounts of 600 and 1000 will now be issued to all pension beneficiaries. The programme went live on April 1, 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for the WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
In order to be eligible for the WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme 2020, an applicant must satisfy many conditions. Please see the eligibility conditions for the WB Joy Bangla Scheme listed below.
- To qualify for the plan, the applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- Residents from other states are not eligible.
- The scheme is open to applicants who fall into the BPL category.
- Only SCs and STs are eligible for the Taposali Bandhu and Jai Johar initiative.
- Disabled people from the reserved category are also eligible to apply for the scheme.
- To be eligible for the government’s pension programme, a person must be beyond the age of 60, according to state law.
- The candidate for the J0y Bangla Pension Scheme must not be enrolled in any other pension scheme run by the West Bengal government.
How to Apply for the Joy Bangla Pension Scheme Online?
- Applicants must connect to the West Bengal State Portal’s official website at https://wb.gov.in/ or log on to wbswpension.gov.in.
- Now, select West Bengal Bangla Pension Scheme Registration from the drop-down menu.
- The scheme’s application form will display on the screen.
- Fill out the online form and press the Next button.
- Upload the necessary documents, which have been correctly scanned, and then click Submit. If necessary, download the PDF.
How Can I Apply for the WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme Offline?
- The applicant can also apply for the application forms offline, as they are available in numerous government offices.
- Click here to obtain the application form in pdf format from https://wb.gov.in/ or go to wbswpension.gov.in and navigate to the WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme Registration area.
- Now, fill out the application form and attach any supporting papers.
- The applicant should exercise extreme caution when submitting documents, as the authorities may cancel the application if the materials are not updated.
- After completing the application form, the applicant must send it to the Block Development Officer in the case of applicants living in rural regions.
- In the event of an applicant residing in Municipal Corporation regions, the Sub-Divisional Officer.