The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment is offering students that belong to the Scheduled Caste and OBC category will be provided with new free coaching. Under the free coaching scheme, about Rs 3000 will be provided to the local students and Rs 6000 will be provided to the students who are from other cities. Another Rs 2000 will be provided as an allowance to students so that they can stay in the city till the end of their course.
It is a great initiative to provide students who want a good education but are not able to afford it due to financial difficulties.
Objective of the scheme
The main motive of launching the new coaching scheme for the students that belong to the Scheduled Caste and OBC category is to support them get the education they need and deserve. A lot of students are not able to get proper education since they are not financially capable of providing the coaching fees and academic fees.
Keeping this in mind, the Government of India launched this scheme for ambitious students who want to study but cannot due to the financial strain in their households.
Eligibility criteria for the scheme
The applicant that wants to avail of the benefits of the free coaching scheme must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- The students are selected by the coaching institution based on their academic performance
- The criteria for enrollment must be relaxed for those students belonging to Scheduled Caste and OBC caste
- The family income annually of the students should not be more than Rs 800000
- The students can enrol for the scheme only once
- Coaching will be provided only for preliminary and main examination
- In case the student is selected for the interview, then he or she can take coaching for up to any time
- The students enrolled must attend all the classes
- In case the student takes leave for more than 15 days, he or she will be banned from coaching
The procedure of implementation of the scheme will be undertaken by the following government authorities:
- The central government, State government, UT administration, PSUs, Autonomous bodies under the central or state government
- Universities that can be both central or state, including deemed universities and private universities that are recognised by concerned authorities
- NGOs, registered private institutions
The students eligible for the free coaching scheme are enrol themselves for the following courses:
- Group A and B examinations conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) and the various Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs)
- Group A and B examinations conducted by the State Public Service Commissions
- Officers Grade examinations that are conducted by Banks, Insurance Companies and Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs)
- Premier Entrance Examinations for admission in Engineering such as IIT-JEE and AIEEE, Medical like AIPMT, Professional courses like Management (CAT) and law (CLAT) and any other such disciplines decided by the government
- Eligibility tests or examinations like GRE, GMAT, SAT and TOEFL