Portal of Public Information Rajasthan was created by the government of Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on September 13, 2019. The goal of the state government in creating the public information portal is to provide numerous benefits to the inhabitants of the state as well as information regarding government programmes. made available via a single portal Citizens of the state can readily obtain information on all government initiatives that are now in effect in the state via Jan Suchna Portal Rajasthan, and they can also take advantage of these government schemes.
The information on all the schemes implemented by the government under the Ward / Panchayat is made available in one place through the Rajasthan Public Information Portal, which was launched by the Government of Rajasthan. Additionally, the Public Information Portal implements Section 4(2) of the Rights Act 2005. With the introduction of this portal, Rajasthan citizens no longer need to go anywhere to make use of government programmes, that is, the benefit and information of government schemes administered by the Rajasthan government for the benefit of the citizens via Jan Suchna Portal Rajasthan 2022.
Although there are other advantages to using the Rajasthan Public Information Portal, the following are some of the most important advantages that are immediately available to citizens:
- Rajasthan residents can use the Jan Soochna Portal 2022 from the comfort of their own homes.
- The citizens of Rajasthan previously had to use RTI to obtain information about specific government initiatives or services, which is now made available through the Jan Soochna Portal.
- People will not have to visit numerous departments and offices because information on 283 services from 60 departments functioning in the state is available on a single platform.
- Under the Jan Suchna Portal, information is freely accessible to the public and plan advantages are available; as a result, corruption is reduced and transparency is maintained.
- Saving residents’ time is another essential goal of the Public Information Portal.
How to use?
If you need to file a complaint with the Rajasthan Public Information Portal, you have several alternatives. You can register your complaint online by visiting its official website.
- First and foremost, you must visit the official website of the Public Information Portal Rajasthan.
- When you visit the website, the homepage will appear in front of you; on the home page, you will see a link to File a Complaint in the top menu bar, as seen below.
- When you click on the File a Complaint link, a new page will open in front of you, where you must click on the option to register a complaint. As soon as you click on the option to register a complaint, one will appear in front of you. As you can see in the image below, the phone will open.
- In this form, you will be asked for details such as your mobile number and personal information; now, input your complaint and upload any necessary documents.
- You will submit your complaint once it has been registered. As soon as you register the complaint, you will receive a tracking number for filing a complaint; keep it safe.