Indian Railways has started the Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana 2022 to provide adolescents with skill development training. According to the official announcement, Indian Railways will soon begin imparting training to youth through the Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojna. As part of the rail skill development initiative, the East Coast Railway zone would train 2,500 adolescents. In this article, we will go over the entire Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana process.
To be eligible for Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana, the individual must meet the following qualifying criteria: –
- The candidate’s age range is 18-35 years.
- Candidates must have a matriculation certificate at the very least.
- To apply for the initiative, candidates must have an Aadhaar card and a bank account.
- Candidates would be trained for free in the East Coast Railway zone under the Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana over a three-year period.
Significance of the Scheme
The plan will not only boost the employability of young people but will also improve the skills of self-employed people and those who work with contractors through reskilling and upskilling.
Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana Training
Trainees for electricians, welders, and fitters will be provided through the Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana at the following locations:
- Vishakapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, Electrical Loco Shed (ELS/VSKP)
- Carriage and Repair Workshop, Mancheswar, Bhubaneswar (CRW/MCS)
- Electrical Loco Shed, Angul, Odisha (ELS/ANGL)
- Diesel Loco Shed, Vishakapatnam, Andhra Pradesh (DLS/VSKP)
Documents required for Indian Railways Skill Development Training
- The application form must be filled out completely.
- The application must be accompanied by a self-attested copy of the Matriculation Certificate with a clear birth date.
- Marksheet for the tenth grade.
- Photo ID (Aadhar card/ Voter ID/ Driving License)
- The application will be denied if these necessary papers are not included in the form. The trainees will be chosen based on merit and marks acquired in 10th grade.
Downloading the Application form for Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana
To download the the Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana form PDF, click on the link below.
Other important information about the Scheme
- The course will last three weeks and will include 100 hours of training.
- On weekdays, training lessons will be offered from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- On Saturdays, training programmes will run from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- The application form for these rail skill development training sessions is available on East Coast Railways’ website as well as at the individual training centres.
- The deadline for submitting applications for Electrical Loco Sheds at Angul and Visakhapatnam is August 31, 2021.
- The application deadline for the Carriage Repair Workshop in Mancheswar and the Diesel Loco Shed in Visakhapatnam is September 3, 2021.