In 2006, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated Ladli Lakshmi Yojana under the Women and Child Development Department. The scheme’s goal is to enhance the health and educational status of girls in the state, creating the groundwork for a brighter future. It is a significant step toward preventing female feticide and promoting a favourable attitude toward female childbirth in society. It would also aid in the prevention of child marriages and the improvement of the state’s gender ratio. For the past 12 years, Madhya Pradesh has effectively executed the “Ladli Laxmi Yojana.”
Under the scheme, a girl child will receive the following benefits.
- National Saving Certificates for the first 5 years Rs. 6000/-
- At the time of admission in the sixth class Rs. 2000/-
- At the time of admission in the ninth class Rs. 4000/-
- At the time of admission in the eleventh class Rs. 7500/-
- During the 12th class’s higher secondary education, Rs. 200 is paid on a monthly basis.
- When they reach the age of 21, you will receive Rs. 1 lakh.
The Ladli Laxmi Yojana is only available to girls born after January 1, 2006. Further eligibility conditions for making use of the benefits of this scheme are stated below.
- The girl’s parents must be permanent residents of Madhya Pradesh and not income taxpayers (their income should be low ).
- In the case of a second child, the parents should plan ahead of time before submitting the application.
- First girl kid of first delivery delivered before 01/04/2008, however after the second birth, family planning will be required.
- The beneficiary goes to the Anganwadi Center on a regular basis.
- The condition of family planning does not apply to a household with only two children and both parents are deceased. However, in this scenario, the applicant must produce the death certificates of both his father and mother.
- If the family’s first child is a boy or a girl, and twin girls are delivered in the second delivery, both of the twin female children will receive all of the benefits of this plan.
- When three girl children are born at the same time during the initial delivery, all three girl children will be eligible for the Ladli Laxmi Yojana.
- In the event of the death of both parents, the application can be submitted even if the girl child is just five years old.
- When a family adopts an orphan girl, the girl has deemed the family’s first child and receives the benefits of this plan.
- If the guardians did not submit the application within one year of the girl child’s birth. They are then given the opportunity to file an appeal with the collector of the relevant district within the next year. In other words, within two years of the girl child’s birth. The Collector will have complete authority to accept or reject the case.
- Photographs in passport size
- The girl’s birth certificate
- Certificate of domicile
- Proof of identity, such as an Aadhaar card, a driver’s licence, a voter identification card, etc.
- Address verification, such as an electricity bill or a water bill, is required.
- Details of a valid bank account
- Family Planning Certificate (In case of second child)