The University Grants Commission (UGC) of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) of the Government of India invites Class 12th passed students from the North-Eastern Region to apply for the Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for NER. The scholarship aims to encourage higher education and increase GER in the North-Eastern Region. Every year, 10,000 new scholarships are offered to NER applicants studying general degree courses, technical and professional degrees, as well as medical and paramedical schools. Every year, scholarship awardees get a monthly stipend of up to Rs.7,800 till they complete their degree programme.
Criteria for Eligibility:
Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship programme:
- Candidates must be residents of the North-Eastern Region (NER)
- Must have completed Class 12 (or equivalent) the previous year
- Students must be admitted to a recognised Institute/College/University in the first year of general degree courses/technical/professional/paramedical/medical programmes.
- Candidates’ yearly household income from all sources must not exceed Ra.4.50 lakh.
Each year, a total of 10,000 scholarships are awarded. The scholarship money will be sent to you.
Rs. 5,400 per month for those pursuing a normal degree programme; Rs. 7,800 per month for students pursuing technical, professional, medical, or paramedical studies.
- Bank passbook for students
- Mark sheet for Class 12th Passed for New Registration ( Previous Mark sheet for Renewal candidates)
- A competent body granted the candidates’ domicile certificates.
- Proof that the family’s annual income from all sources does not exceed Ra.4.50 lakh.
Dates to Remember:
- Scholarship deadline: August 2021*
- Scholarship deadline: January 20, 2021 (*soon*).
- Date of application defect verification: February 2022*
- Institute verification deadline: February 2022*
Suitable students can apply for the scholarship scheme by completing the steps outlined below:
Step 1: Visit the NSP website or click the ‘Apply Now’ button. Click the New Registration button.
Step 2: Carefully read all of the rules, tick the box, and click ‘Continue.’
Step 3: Choose your state of residence, scholarship category, and scheme type. Post-Matric (scholarship scheme), choose your gender, enter the student’s name, date of birth, mobile number, and email address.
Step 4: Provide your bank account information (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Choose Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as the identification detail and press the ‘Register’ button.
Step 6: An OTP will be sent to you for mobile number verification.
Step 7: Now, log in with your OTP and complete the application form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated at this point. You can update your password under the application’s change password option for future reference.
As per government policy, 3 percent of the seats are designated for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates.
Please keep in mind that after the application form has been submitted, no modifications may be made. Candidates are also recommended to submit only one application since repeated submissions will result in the termination of the scholarship form.