ICMR JRF is conducted by the Indian Council of Medical Research for acceptance into the Junior Research Fellowship. ICMR publishes JRF exam details, notifications, and syllabuses on its official website. The candidate qualified for the ICMR-JRF exam will receive scholarships from the ICMR while completing their PhD course. The exam is organized by the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
The ICMR JRF exam is the first step in admission to the Ph./Council Supported Research Program. ICMR Scholarship Exams are held in 12 centres such as Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Srinagar and Varanasi. The ICMR JRF Scholarship is awarded on the basis of entry. The entrance exam usually takes place in the first or second week of July.
The Junior Research Scholarship award is based on candidates’ rank and placement in a medical school/hospital/university/national laboratory/college, etc.
Candidates applying for ICMR JRF 2022 are advised to review the eligibility criteria before applying. It is very important to meet the eligibility criteria for this position.
The upper age limit for admission to the ICMR JRF is 28 years as of 30.09.2022. The upper age limit can be relaxed for five years, i.e 33 years for SC/ST candidates, PwD and female candidates. Three years, that is 31 years, can relax for the OBC category.
Candidates must have a Master of Science/MSc or equivalent degree with a minimum of 55% for General/EWS/OBC candidates from a recognized institution. SC/ST/PwD status can be achieved at 50% for ICMR JRF from a recognized institute.
Before applying, candidates must refer to the letter of admission, which is published in the advertisement in various newspapers. The candidate must fill in the application form according to the instructions. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Visit the official website.
- Then visit the “New Registration” button.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Enter the details like name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and email id in the provided registration form.
- Click the Submit button to submit the ICMR JRF 2022 Registration Form.
- After the registration process, the user ID and password will be sent to the mobile phone number and email ID.
- Fill in all personal information, qualification details, test centre preferences and upload images of a specified size in the application form.
- After reviewing the application form, submit it online.
- Take a copy of this form with you for future reference.
- E-mail ID
- Telephone number
- Scanned photo of the candidate
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate of appearance from the director of the institution
- A signature, photo and other documents in the format specified.
The ICMR-JRF application fee varies depending on the category of candidates. Details of the fees for each category are below.
- General/ EWS/ OBC: Rs 1500
- SC/ ST: Rs 1200
- PwD: Nil
The entrance ticket will be issued after filling out the application form on the official website. Applicants will receive the admission cards at least 15 days before the examination date. Before appearing for the examination, the candidate must take an imprint of the admission card and carry it with him when entering the examination room.