Under the Ministry of Power and Renewables, the Central Government has launched the Pradhan Mantri Solar Panel Yojana. The goal of the Pradhan Mantri Solar Panel Yojana is to help farmers. Farmers will receive two types of advantages under the Prime Minister’s Kusum Yojana. Instead of a diesel irrigation pump, a solar-powered irrigation pump will be employed. Second, the government might sell the electricity generated by solar panels placed by the government to various enterprises. In this article, we will provide you with detailed information about the Prime Minister’s Solar Panel Scheme.
The Prime Minister’s Free Solar Panel Scheme was launched to offer farmers throughout the country free solar panels for irrigation in agriculture. The government’s major purpose with this initiative is to minimise farmers’ reliance on fuel and electric irrigation pumps and enhance their revenue by assisting them in the purchase of solar-powered solar panels. As a result, farmers will be able to undertake irrigation work without using power or diesel, and they will be able to make a higher monthly income by selling the electricity generated by solar panels to DISCOM.
Farmers receive a 60 per cent subsidy on the purchase of solar panels through the PM Free Solar Panel Yojana, with the farmer paying only 40 per cent of the total cost. To take advantage of the plan, farmers must first register on the scheme’s official website, and only then will they be eligible for a subsidy on the purchase of a solar pump.
- Farmers will receive a subsidy of up to 60% on the purchase of solar pumps for agriculture under this scheme, with the national government contributing 30% and the state government contributing 30%.
- The scheme’s payment for the acquisition of solar panels will be completed in 5-6 years from the electricity generated.
- Farmers would be able to earn an annual income of 80,000 rupees from electricity-generating utilising free solar panels.
- Farmers would be able to easily take care of it by producing fruits and vegetables under solar panels.
- Farmers will be able to save money on diesel and electric pumps thanks to solar panels.
- Farmers will be able to profit from free electricity for the next 19 to 20 years if they purchase free solar panels.
- The scheme’s solar panels will increase solar power generation.
- Will work to improve the financial health of DISCOMS by reducing the agricultural subsidy load.
- Farmers can also make such land useful by putting solar panels on it.
- The Government of India has budgeted Rs 4800 crore for the operation of the Kusum project over a ten-year period.
To take advantage of this scheme, you must meet the following qualifying requirements:
- Applicants must be Indian citizens to apply under this scheme.
- To apply under this plan, the applicant must have all of the required documentation.
If you want to apply for this plan, you must have the following documents:
- Aadhar Card
- Passport-sized photo
- Mobile phone number
- Income certificate
- Residential certificate
- Bank account passbook
- The PM free solar panel initiative 2021 is only available to permanent residents of India.
- Only persons with land documents would be eligible for this scheme.