In order to offer better Medical Services for the common people, the Prime Minister of India, Mr Narendra Modi implemented the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana. It was launched with the vision by the central government to offer financial assistance to the common people for medical treatments which are rather costly. Through this scheme, poor or underprivileged individuals will receive medical insurance in the form of cashless treatment for all beneficiaries.
some of the salient features of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana are as follows:
- Medical insurance amount
All applicants under the scheme will be able to attain medical insurance amounting to Rs 5 lakhs in one financial year.
- Easy access to medical treatment
Every year a lot of Indian citizens die due to a lack of medical care. The majority of these individuals are underprivileged and cannot afford high medical expenditures. Therefore with the implementation of this scheme, these individuals will be able to receive free medical treatment.
- Implementation in all areas
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana will be implemented in all parts of India
- Number of beneficiaries
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana will offer cashless treatment and medical insurance benefits to around 10.7 four individuals. Only those people will be able to apply who have the name registered in the SECC-2011 Data list.
- Listed hospitals
Paperdesin cashless treatment will only be available if the patient gets admission to the listed hospitals
- Flexibility of implementation
The Government of India has highlighted some implementation methods for easy operation. Every state will be able to choose the implementation modes that suit its needs the best.
Procedure to check the Beneficiary list
In order to check if their names are on the beneficiary list of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, the applicant has to follow the steps given below:
- All individuals, who are eligible for the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana will have to make sure that the name is present in the list. For doing so, they have to log onto the ‘Am I Eligible’ portal.
- Once the homepage appears, the candidate needs to type his or her mobile number. An OTP will be sent on this mobile number
- Then, they have to type in the captcha code in the relevant field and click on the ‘generate OTP’ button
- An SMS will be sent to the mobile number
- Once the candidate has typed the OTP, they will have to click on the ‘submit’ option
- They will then be directed to the ‘Name find’ page.
In order to ensure Medical Services, The Central Government of India has made provisions for about 1300 treatment packages. These treatment packages have been crafted in a way that will cover more than 20 speciality therapies.
Among these packages, patients need pre-authorisation for about half of the treatments. The NITI Aayog, in consultation With other bodies, has come up with these packages and their rates. The hospitals will attain 10% and 15% in incentives for NABH Entry Hospitals and NABH full accreditation respectively. Another 10% incentive will be provided to aspirational regions.