The Government of Rajasthan implemented the Annapurna Doodh Yojana for 62 lakh children that are studying in various government schools and madrasas in the state of Rajasthan. Vasundhra Raje, the former chief minister of Rajasthan, launched this scheme on the 2nd of July in the year 2018 by providing milk to students in Rajkiya Adarsh Uchch Madhyamik Vidyalaya in Dehmi Kalan Village of Jaipur. Every student up to the class of 8 of the government schools in Rajasthan gets fresh, nutritious and pure hot milk for 3 days a week.
The Annapurna Doodh Yojana is a welfare scheme implemented by the government of Rajasthan, as a step towards a happy and healthy future of the state. This welfare scheme will be implemented in all government schools and madrasas in Rajasthan along with the Mid Day Meal Scheme or Indira RAsoi Yojana. The government focuses on making the children well-nourished and healthier which will, in turn, lead to the collective improvement in the education standard and development of the state of Rajasthan.
Features of the scheme
Some of the highlights and features of the Annapurna Doodh Yojana implemented by the government of Rajasthan are as follows:
- Each and every student from class 1st to 5th will be given 150 ml of milk along with the Mid Day Meal
- Each and every student from class 6th to 8th will be given 200 ml of milk along with the Mid Day Meal
- The government of Rajasthan should ensure that the milk supplied should be of high quality and meets the prescribed standards.
- Around 80,000 government schools and madrasas will be provided milk on a daily basis as milk does not have a long shelf life
- There are a lot of benefits to consuming milk:
- Improves bone strength
- Smoother skin
- Stronger immune system
- Prevention of dental decay
- Prevention of hypertension
- Prevention of respiratory problems
- Prevention of obesity
- Prevention of osteoporosis
- Prevention of various types of cancer
Annapurna Doodh Yojana can provide essential nutrients necessary for the growth and development of children and will also increase the number of admissions in schools. Through this scheme, the government of Rajasthan also lays special emphasis on Women’s Milk Producing Committees to provide milk to the students.
Benefits of the scheme
The government of Rajasthan has launched the Annapurna Doodh Yojana in order to provide milk to the children belonging to the underprivileged sections of society who are not able to afford milk. Milk is an essential food and has various health benefits like the ones stated above.
This unique scheme will cover a large section of the students. Out of the total 85 lakh students that study in the government schools and madrasas in the state of Rajasthan, approximately 62 lakh students will be benefited from the Annapurna Doodh Yojana.