The Atma Nirbhar Skilled Employee Employer Mapping portal is also called ASEEM and was launched by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship also known as MSDE. It was launched to help skilled people find sustainable livelihood opportunities through the portal. To reduce the demand-supply gap in the skilled workforce market, the portal will ensure that information flow is smooth and continuous.
The many features of the scheme include an artificial intelligence-based platform that will strengthen career pathways by assisting them through journeys of industry-relevant skill attainment, help them recruit a skilled workforce that spurts business competitiveness, promotes economic growth, and explore emerging job opportunities strictly after the covid era.
The ASEEM portal is being managed by the National Skill Development Corporation. According to provided data, 1.3 crore candidates have been registered as of the 16th of July 2021. These include both candidates that have been registered on the Skill India Portal app and direct registration of candidates.
Artificial intelligence interfaces included in the ASEEM portal
- Management system for employers that can analyze demand to predict the current and future demand requirements of the economy.
- For the employees and candidates, a job application portal is provided which has access to hyper-local jobs based on machine learning and persona-based automatic capabilities.
To provide security and avoid any breach of information, all data is being maintained on NSDC owned and managed servers. One can only access the system after they have validated the details provided by a user at the time of registration. This ensures maximum security and the above information has been courtesy of the Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar in a written reply to the Lok Sabha of the Parliament.
Benefits of the scheme
- Employers can easily access the data on the volume of available skilled workforce, formulate hiring plans based on them and choose the most suited candidate based on their employment history.
- Migrants are a large component of the labor workforce and India. The Vande Bharat Mission and filled Swadesh skill card has been added to the interface of the ASEEM portal to enrich its inclusivity.
- The skilled workforce is the biggest beneficiaries under the scheme as it will help them strengthen their industry-relevant skills to explore emerging job opportunities and register themselves for active job roles through various sectors and geographies. Information provided by them will be integrated into different skills schemes such as the National Urban Livelihoods Mission, the Fee-Based programs, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, and the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushalya Yojana.
Salient features to keep in mind
- ASEEM wants to enable a support system that focuses on quality assurance, better training of the academy directly or through partnerships along with information systems promotion.
- The NSDC is a nonprofit public limited incorporated company in 2008 under section 25 of the Companies Act 1956. It was set up by the Ministry of Finance as a Public-Private Partnership and the Government of India through the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and holds 49% of the share capital in NSDC while the private sector has a balance of 51% of share capital.