Jagananna Chedodu Scheme is a state-funded aid scheme for tailors, washermen, and barbers in the state who have lost their jobs owing to the COVID-19 pandemic. The funds will be deposited straight into each beneficiary’s bank account. Surveys will be used to identify and shortlist the beneficiaries.
The system has numerous advantages, one of which is the availability of funding for persons who own small businesses as well as those with low incomes. Tailors, laundrymen, and hairdressers are among the three sectors that will receive incentives under the system. The incentive will subsequently be utilised by the beneficiaries to carry out daily routines or to send their children to school, as many of them cannot afford their children’s education.
YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh State, launched the Chedodu plan on Wednesday, June 10, 2020, by sending Rs. 10000/- to each beneficiary’s account. The state government has allocated Rs. 247.04 crore to about 2.47 lakh beneficiaries. The funds will be transferred to the bank accounts of 82,347 Rajakas, 38,767 Nayee Brahmins, and 1.25 lakh tailors under this scheme. Not only that, but the government has chosen to extend the benefits of this scheme to barbers who operate a store.
Nayi Brahmins, Laundrymen, and Tailors will receive Rs. 10,000/- every year directly deposited into their bank accounts. Applicants can check their accounts to see if there has been a money transfer.
Applicants must meet the following qualifying conditions in order to apply for the scheme:
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- A tailor, hairdresser, or laundryman must apply.
- The candidate must be registered with their profession’s social authorities.
To apply for the plan, you must submit the following documents:
- Pan card Aadhaar card
- A voter identification card for identification reasons
- Certificate of domicile
- Certificate of education
- Profession registration certificate
- Account information
- Income verification
Procedure for application
To receive the benefits of this scheme, applicants must apply online or offline by following the processes outlined below. However, no application method has been provided by the authorities. The following are common actions that you must take in order to apply:
- Go to the scheme’s official website.
- Choose to apply online or apply in person from the home page. Download button
- Alternatively, the application form can be obtained through the village or ward administration.
- Fill out the application form and upload/attach any required documents.
- After reviewing the details, submit the application.
Applicants who want to know if their name is on the beneficiary list can verify with the village or ward secretariats. You can verify information about your village or ward secretariats by following the steps outlined below:
- Navigate to Navasakam’s webpage.
- The “Know Your Secretariat” option is located in the menu bar on the home page.
- A list displays from which you must select your district name.
- Click the link in the column (urban or rural) next to the district name that corresponds to your location.
- Select the Mandal name from the list that appears and click the link opposite your Mandal name.
- Take note of the secretarial code that appears on the screen.